Hope all is well and that you are enjoying the warm weather.
2012 Product Line Looking Great
The racquet line-up I saw at our recent sales meeting is absolutely stellar. The frames look and play great, and with the new line segmentation they will be very easy to sell. I’ll be out showing you the new line within the next four weeks. I don’t want to give you all the details now, but here is a quick tease:
As many of you know, there will be a NEW Pro Staff Six.One 90 BLX for Roger. The frame will be updated with a new technology in the handle called “Amplifeel” Combining graphite and basalt planks in the pallet provides a clean and enhanced feel in the racquet. The specs on Rogers frame will be very similar to his current stick. We are also introducing a new Pro Staff Six.One 95 BLX. It has the same cross section as the 90, only bigger head size and lighter (11 oz unstrung). I know what you’re saying, “finally, a frame that feels like Roger’s, only lighter and more forgiving”. Even more exciting is the NEW Six.One 100 BLX. Same cross section as Roger’s frame (only a thicker beam of 22 cm) and MUCH lighter at 10.1 unstrung. The target group for this frame is HUGE. A hacker like me will enjoy it, as will an advanced player like our good friend Jason Collins (former Product Manager in Canada, now Wilson Product Manager for the World). Pro Staff Six.One 100 BLX should be a fantastic seller.
- Yes, the Buffalo Bills are 3-1 and headed to the Super Bowl. Don’t let that loss to Cincinnati fool you, the Bills are on the way. The good folks of Western New York deserve a winner, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is just the man to deliver the goods.
- Why do we always go back and forth between Imperial and Metric when discussing racquets? A frame is 27” long, weighs 10.5 oz, but has a beam of 22 mm? What’s up with that?
- Hank Williams got his theme song (All My Rowdy Friends) removed from Monday Night Football after comparing Obama to Hitler (perhaps All His Racist Friends are Coming Over Tonight). Do you ever notice that any argument you have on the internet ends with someone using the phrase, “_________ is worse than Hitler.” As much as some people dislike them, I think it is fair to say that Mike Harris, Stephen Harper, Sarah Palin, Bono, Celine Dion, and Gary Bettman are NOT worse than Hitler. This type of dialogue should be deleted from our popular lexicon.
- Our last sales meeting was in beautiful Kiawah Island near Charleston, South Carolina. What a gorgeous spot. Nothing like getting up early each morning and jogging on the beach as the sun rises. It’s a must visit if you are a serious golfer. The Ocean Course is going to host the PGA Championship in 2012.
- After recent experiences with my son’s soccer team I am convinced that youth sports would be much better without parental involvement.
- A friend of mine has a son playing for the Owen Sound Attack of the OHL. I took the family to check out a game at the Hershey Centre against the Mississauga-St. Michael’s Majors. Great arena, awesome game, kids loved it, but I’ll NEVER go back again. Note to the Hershey Centre: $16 for kids tickets? Really???
The weather is going to be amazing this weekend. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. A happy Yom Kippur, as well.