I hope you are enjoying the great weather. We should be getting plenty of sunshine for the rest of the summer and fall. A few quick notes for this week:
I’ll be working up in the nation’s capitol for the next couple of days. Don’t hesitate to e-mail me. If you have urgent issues, give Kate a call at 1-800-267-7506 ext 271.
UPDATE FROM SALES MEETING
In mid May I spent a week at a Wilson Sales Meeting in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. We are getting very positive feedback about the 2011 apparel collection and you’ll be happy to hear that the 2012 line takes another step forward. The core collection retains most of the key basics that are performing so well, and the new fashion categories are outstanding. All the folks at private clubs will be thrilled with the number of 90% white pieces that are available for next summer. Not only is the line strong, but you will also see more tour pros sporting Wilson product. Philipp Kohlschreiber, Paul-Henri Matthieu, Melanie Oudin, Horai Tecau and Jarkko Nieminen are just a few of the players you’ll see dressed in Wilson gear this summer. Footwear also looks very strong for 2012. There are some great new models and a very cool update to the Tour Vision.
Luxilon continues to perform well on Tour. 73% of the Top 100 on the ATP and 59% of the Top 100 on the WTA are using Luxilon in their frames. That is market domination.
SPECIALS FOR DEALERS
With the warm weather FINALLY here, sales should start smoking at retail. Dealers, don’t forget we have a number of superb repeat specials for June. A few of you have asked me about T-shirts. We have 4 models of men’s and women’s cotton t’s in stock at GREAT prices.
- I recently tried on a number of the top selling court shoes for spring 2011. OK, I’m a little bias, but the Tour Vision is one of the best offerings on the market. Great comfort, support and the shoe looks stellar (especially in the white/red/black). If you have not had a chance to try this shoe, get over to you local specialty shop.
- Getting some great feedback on a couple of new strings: NXT Control offers the softness of a multifilament, you can hit extreme topspin and the durability is outstanding. Shock Shield plays soft and sweet. One player described using Shock Shield like “hitting a mute button to eliminate shock and vibration, simply awesome”. Be sure to recommend these strings to your clients.
- On the long weekend Cheryl and I took our oldest daughter, Parry, to Sherway Gardens for a quick shopping excursion. I must say that it is awfully difficult to find a store for me to buy clothes. Note to Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch: don’t be afraid to turn up the lights and take it easy on the cologne. I also popped into Foot Locker and Champs, but since I’m not an up and coming rap star or distributor of narcotics, nothing fit my style. I’m currently looking for investors to open up a new retail outlet called MAG WATS (middle aged guy, wants apparel that’s suitable). Give me a call if you are interested.
- Nice to see Chris Bosh finally take a step towards earning his salary. I’m picking the Heat in six games. LeBron is good for four titles in the next seven years. That should cement him as one of the top five players of all time.
- Very sad to see the passing of Randy “Macho Man” Savage. Being a dork in my late teens and early 20’s I was a big fan of the WWF. The Hulkster, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, and Jake “the Snake” Roberts were all tremendous, but no one lit up the ring like Macho Man. OOOOOOHHHHHH YEAH, we’re gonna miss ya.
- Since I’m reminiscing about my youth, I recall as a kid being really excited about watching the end of the Indy 500. Jackie Stewart, Gordon Johncock, and Emerson Fittipaldi all seemed so cool. Is it just me, or has this event lost all it’s luster?
- Driving down the DVP the other day and heard “Notorious” by Duran Duran. I have no idea what the lyrics mean but I love them: “You own the money, You control the witness, I’ll leave you lonely, Don’t monkey with my business.” Not exactly Neil Peart quality, but catchy.
Enjoy the French Open. Would it not be incredible to see Roger pull out a win? Cheer him on, and have a great week.