Written by: Pierre Lamarche
***Pierre Lamarche has been an outspoken proponent of Canadian tennis and how the sport should have a major place in the Canadian sport landscape. He believes this lofty ambition can only be achieved through the combination of success on the international professional competitive scene, with the required domestic infrastructure and a true partnership between Tennis Canada and the tennis private sector.
His comments are often taken as critical by those who feel targeted by his questions. His background as a player, coach, and leader [see background] in the sport and coaching industry warrants that his views, which are shared by many others, be given due process by anyone [or organization] who really wants to help Canadian Tennis achieve the proper national status it deserves in the sport community.
He now starts in ONcourt a series of editorials which specifically provides thoughts for reflection on how to make Canada a tennis superpower.***
- To develop a Canadian tennis information warehouse.
- To help develop a sense of pride amongst the Canadian tennis community.
- To help develop a sense of supportive open family within the tennis community.
- To develop an interactive communication vehicle which covers all aspects of the Canadian tennis scene.
- To help create a major marketing tool for tennis in Canada.
- To become a major partner in the raising of monies for tennis development in this country.
How will this be achieved?
- By developing a network of cooperation amongst many partners of the tennis industry with the objective of raising the profile of the sport in our country.
- By glorifying all present and past participants in this objective through providing insightful information on their tennis related activities.
- By developing so much traffic that possibilities for fund raising activities will be enhanced through sponsor and advertising involvement.